EMESA is aware that its commitment to respect the neighbouring and the way of addressing environmental aspects are essential to its companies’ sustainability and development, and an ethical obligation towards our society. Therefore, the following Environmental Policy has been established and documented to be used as the pattern for developing the activities in its own premises and others not pertaining to the Organisation, as a reference for its Environmental Management System.
Through this Policy we commit ourselves to:
- Develop and implement suitable Environmental Management Systems in our Organisation, in accordance with these Policy principles as set up by the UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2004 Standard, the EC Regulation nº 1221/2009. To adopt measures letting us continually improve the implemented Systems.
- Establish and control the compliance with the environmental objectives and goal consistent with this Policy and according to our Organisation’s capacities. To ensure that objectives and goals contribute towards the progressive increase of our good environmental behaviour and the efficiency of the environmental management system.
- To apply practices aiming at preventing and reducing contamination, trying to reduce the most significant environmental impacts.
- Comply with the applicable environmental laws and other environmental requirements subscribed by the Organisation and related to environmental aspects. Maintain available and updated all the corresponding information.
- Periodically review this Policy to keep it in line with the Management’s views and strategic objectives and with the needs continuously detected in the market and the social and natural neighbouring of the developed activities.
Management guarantees the implementation of the measures necessary to obtain both the knowledge and commitment with this environmental policy on part of all the Organisation’s members and external collaborators. Likewise, it guarantees the availability thereof for any stakeholder and the public.
As the main responsible for the implemented Quality Management System, Top Management approves this Quality Policy and grants the representation thereof to the person in charge of Quality and Environment at EMESA, with the necessary authority to achieve the corresponding development and implementation.